Saturday, July 21, 2007

Blondy's House

What a great day to start our trip!! We rode 570 miles today, from Brandon, FL to Birmingham, AL. Weather gods were very kind to us (only about 10 drops of rain although it was cloudy for about half the day, and at one point Susan's thermometer read 105 at a stop light in Alabama!!). Traffic was light and we actually got into some semi-twisties and rolling hills. After we met Blondy about 15 miles from her house, we went over a *mountain* (hill) and both of us flatlanders' ears popped.

We didn't take TOO many pics today, since we (okay, I) couldn't get things working last night for some reason and we weren't at all sure we (I) could get it figured out tonight. :) But, guess I got lucky, both our cameras' pics can now be saved. Susan's fast asleep, but she'll add comments to her pics tomorrow.

We finished the night off with a swim on a surprisingly cool night for Alabama. We'll be heading to Eureka Springs tomorrow and Blondy will ride with us for a while. Thanks a million Donna, you're a wonderful hostess and we appreciate your thoughtfulness, your cooking, and....well, EVERYTHING!!!

Wanted to take a pic or 2 of Blondy but had to recharge the camera battery. Will take some on our ride tomorrow. Susan did get a couple of us in the pool though. :))

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Blondy made us a great roasted chicken salad for dinner. It was perfect cool dinner after a long hot day. Here's to you, Sherm!!
Susan's luggage. I'm just glad she found room for the hair dryer. :)
Just arriving at Blondy's place, haven't unloaded yet. I don't normally fly a flag, but today in Tifton, Georgia, we were stopped at a light and I looked down to see this perfectly clean US flag on the road at my feet. I hated to see it about to become trash, so I grabbed it and stuck it on my bike.
Blondy saved a beer skirt for Susan. It says 'Another Blonde Moment'. Hey, come to think of it, I had one of those tonight...but I ain't tellin' what it was.... Christmas in July!!! Frosty the Snowman catches a ride in a pickup. Well, DUH!!!! At a rest stop in Florida.

No comments: